Monday, August 10, 2009

I spent three nights in Victoria and two on Saltspring island. I slept at the Ocean Island backpackers' hostel on Thursday night, Wednesday and Friday were spent in Beacon Hill Park. Carlos met me at Big Bad John's my first night in the city (bras on the walls, little fake rats and bats that big bad john controlled with string, PEANUTS).
Phil, Nick, Jimmy, Ethan, Steve ... stories, each one of them. Remember the feeling when Steve came by the harbour this morning with Dubliners. Remember the water last night, clear and smooth. "Think about it, think about it." Eye contact is soul to soul, not eye to eye. shining eyes and clear smiles, my trip was amazing. He told me that by putting a hand on a rock, he could feel the energies. He told me that one day he was walking on Mount Maxwell (on Saltspring, he lived there for a while) and he thought that finding the skull of a bald eagle would be the holiest thing, The Holiest Thing. He found one later, not far from where he had been. It's up on Mount Maxwell somewhere now, of course it is. Of course it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment